Why can't my customers pay the PayPal invoice I sent them from the Control Panel?
How to identify if you are experiencing this issue:
- Customer contacts you and states they tried to pay the invoice unsuccessfully or received a confirmation screen showing "invoice already paid" and you do not see the funds in your PayPal account. (see example image)
- You see a "submitted" status under transactions for the invoice being sent.(see example image) Note: For a successful payment of an invoice, you should see "Paid" in the transactions table.
(right click image and open in new tab to view larger)
- You see a duplicate confirmation of payment confirmed for the original order amount. (see example image) (right click image and open in new tab to view larger)
How to fix this!
1. Log into PayPal https://www.paypal.com (with the PayPal account you have assigned to your website)
2. Click the Gear / Profile icon on the top right and then click "Profile and settings"
Note: if you do not see the Gear icon as shown above, please click My Business Setup located on the right of the screen.
3. On the left of the screen, click "My selling tools"
4. Under the section "Getting paid and managing my risk" click "Update" for 'Block payments'
5. Once you are in "Payment Receiving Preferences" find the section for "Block accidental payments:' and select "No, allow multiple payments per invoice ID"
6. Then scroll down and click Save!
You will now be able to send PayPal invoices (requesting additional funds) for customers from within the control panel without any issue. As always, please remember to never ship orders where you do not see a confirmed payment. If you have any questions or need assistance with the above settings, please contact SimplePart Support at 404-520-7640.
For more information and troubleshooting, please contact SimplePart Support directly at 404-520-7640.